Fresh strawberries and basil are everywhere, so get them together for a cooler that’s pure sunshine. I garnish with basil leaves and sip outdoors. —Carolyn Turner, Reno, Nevada
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- Ice cubes
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 bottle (1 liter) club soda, chilled
- Place lemon juice, sugar, strawberries and 1 cup ice cubes in a blender; cover and process until blended. Add basil; pulse 1 or 2 times to combine.
- Divide strawberry mixture among 12 cocktail glasses. Fill with ice; top with club soda.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 40 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 18mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Strawberry Cocktail in Simple & Delicious June/July 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.