Fresh strawberries and basil are everywhere, so get them together for a cooler that’s pure sunshine. I garnish with basil leaves and sip outdoors. —Carolyn Turner, Reno, Nevada
Recommended: 12 Shortcake Recipes for Berry Lovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- Ice cubes
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 bottle (1 liter) club soda, chilled
- Place lemon juice, sugar, strawberries and 1 cup ice cubes in a blender; cover and process until blended. Add basil; pulse 1 or 2 times to combine.
- Divide strawberry mixture among 12 cocktail glasses. Fill with ice; top with club soda. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry-Basil Refresher in Simple & Delicious June/July 2016