- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons strawberry gelatin powder
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1-3/4 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 cups cubed angel food cake
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Additional strawberries or banana slices, optional
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and gelatin; stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in strawberries; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine milk and pudding mix. Beat on low speed for 2 minutes; set aside. Toss bananas with lemon juice; drain and set aside.
- Place half of the cake cubes in a trifle bowl or 3-qt. serving bowl. Layer with half of the pudding, bananas, strawberry sauce and whipped cream. Repeat layers. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Garnish with additional fruit if desired. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews forStrawberry Banana Trifle
"Delicious, I layered it in a 9/13 pan and it was a hit"
"BIG hit !"
"I don't care for the taste of pudding, is there a substitute?"
"this is my son's most requested dessert for his birthday! Great for a crowd as it is better eaten same day as made."
"My favorite dessert! You can't go wrong"
"I second everyone's thoughts about this recipe! It was quick, easy, and delicious! I did substitute the whipped cream for no-sugar Cool Whip and it was absolutely perfect. There was plenty of sugar in the fruit, cake, and pudding. I made sure to strain most of the juice from the strawberries and I also created a layer of pudding so that the juice couldn't drop down and soak the cake."
"Sorry...forgot to rate it with stars!"