Strawberry Banana Omelet Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a small saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon butter, brown sugar and cinnamon over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Add bananas and vanilla; toss to coat. Remove from the heat; stir in strawberries. Set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, water and salt. Heat remaining butter in a 10-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat; add egg mixture. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- 3. When eggs are almost set, spread two-thirds of fruit mixture over one side; fold omelet over filling. Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Slide onto a serving plate; top with remaining fruit mixture and dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2-3 servings.
1 each: 382 calories, 22g fat (10g saturated fat), 456mg cholesterol, 640mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 4g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Strawberry Banana Omelet
"I had never tried an omelet with fruit in it, but this was really good. My husband and kindergartener loved it too."