- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a small saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon butter, brown sugar and cinnamon over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Add bananas and vanilla; toss to coat. Remove from the heat; stir in strawberries. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, water and salt. Heat remaining butter in a 10-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat; add egg mixture. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- When eggs are almost set, spread two-thirds of fruit mixture over one side; fold omelet over filling. Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Slide onto a serving plate; top with remaining fruit mixture and dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2-3 servings.
Reviews forStrawberry Banana Omelet
"I had never tried an omelet with fruit in it, but this was really good. My husband and kindergartener loved it too."