Strawberry Banana Ice Pops Recipe
My brothers and sisters (as well as my Dad!) are thrilled when they see me making these ice pops. They can hardly wait for them to set up in the freezer. —Valerie Belley, St. Louis, Missouri
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 Popsicle molds or plastic cups (3 ounces) and Popsicle sticks
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in the strawberries, pineapple, banana and nuts. Pour 2 cups into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour. Set remaining gelatin mixture aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Spread over gelatin. Top with reserved gelatin mixture. Chill for 1 hour. Spoon 1/3 cup into each mold. Freeze until firm, about 5 hours. Yield: 1 dozen.
1/3 cup: 109 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 23mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Strawberry Banana Ice Pops
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2014
"Simple tasty inexpensive (except for the walnuts)"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC