Strawberry Banana Ice Pops
My brothers and sisters (as well as my Dad!) are thrilled when they see me making these ice pops. They can hardly wait for them to set up in the freezer. —Valerie Belley, St. Louis, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + freezing
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 Popsicle molds or plastic cups (3 ounces) and Popsicle sticks
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in the strawberries, pineapple, banana and nuts. Pour 2 cups into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour. Set remaining gelatin mixture aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Spread over gelatin. Top with reserved gelatin mixture. Chill for 1 hour. Spoon 1/3 cup into each mold. Freeze until firm, about 5 hours.