Strawberry-Banana Ice Cream Recipe
This ice cream is chock-full of strawberries and chopped pecans and has the most delightful flavor. This is a family favorite.—Jeanette Shropshire, Canyon Lake, Texas
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Red food coloring, optional
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen unsweetened whole strawberries, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, combine the eggs and sugar. Gradually add cream. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes. Stir in milk, vanilla and food coloring if desired. Press plastic wrap onto surface of mixture. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- 2. Fold whipped topping into cream mixture. Fold in strawberries, bananas and pecans. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. Allow to ripen in ice cream freezer or firm up in the refrigerator freezer for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: about 3 quarts.
1/2 cup: 245 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Strawberry-Banana Ice Cream
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC