- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar, optional
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, milk and eggs; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In an 8-in. nonstick skillet, melt 1 teaspoon butter. Stir batter; pour about 2 tablespoons into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, add butter to a skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper on paper towels in between.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the filling ingredients. Spread 2 rounded tablespoonfuls on each crepe; roll up. Combine topping ingredients; spoon over crepes. Yield: 18 crepes.
Reviews forStrawberry Banana Crepes
"Can the crepes be frozen without the filling,And thawed for a later time ?"
"These were so easy to make and tasted like they came from a fancy restaurant. I've never chilled the batter before and I couldn't believe how much easier it was to work with!"
"Sometimes the simplest recipes are the best. I have made many crepes over the years, these were really nice. Chilling the batter helps make it very forgiving, and easy to work with. A keeper for sure"
"I Couldn't believe how simple. I've been afraid to attempt a crepe. Can't wait to make again.</p>"
"Awesome! We make this a lot! A little sweet, IMO, for breakfast though so I cut back the sugar in the filling."
"This is a simple recipe , we put the strawberries and bananas inside the crepes, kids were hungry so i didn't chill the batter but it didn't seem to affect the outcome, yummy and fast."
"This was so yummy I will be making this again!"
"that sounds good. im going to try that!"
"Yummy! Would be even better with strawberries cut up into the filling."