Strawberry-Banana Angel Torte Recipe
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup pureed fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup sliced ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Halved fresh strawberries
- 1. Split cake horizontally into three layers; place bottom layer on a serving plate. In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, sugar and pureed strawberries; fold in bananas and sliced strawberries. Fold in whipped cream.
- 2. Spread a third of the filling between each layer; spread remaining filling over top. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Garnish with halved strawberries. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 each: 199 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 183mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Strawberry-Banana Angel Torte
"My husband and father-in-law didn't like the sour cream in the frosting, but everyone else loved it."
"My husband made this and it was WONDERFUL! The kids loved it too. If you were to add chocolate it would be like eating a banana split. We will definitely be having this again!"
"The adults liked it, the kids liked it, and it was super simple to put together."