- 3-1/2 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Whipped topping, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the apples and strawberries; drizzle with lemon juice. Combine sugar and flour; sprinkle over fruit and toss lightly.
- Line a 9-in. pie place with bottom pastry; trim even with edge of plate. Add filling. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over pastry. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; remove foil and bake 35-40 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Garnish with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forStrawberry Apple Pie
"I really did not care for this at all. Just didn't like the cooked strawberries. Unfortunately, the best part was the crust and I will not be making this again."
"it was very easy to make and it was twice as good"
"This was a very average recipe. I've never eaten a pie with cooked strawberries, and I found the cooked strawberry flavor was a little off in this recipe. I used a standard 9 inch Pyrex pie plate and used almost twice the apples and about 50% more strawberries. The cooking time was wrong. I baked it for 20 min. instead of 10 at 450, then lowered it to 350. I should have only lowered it to 375 as most recipes call for. If you choose to make this recipe, DEFINITELY use an egg wash over the crust!"