Strawberry Angel Dessert
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 5 cups angel food cake cubes
- Fresh strawberries, optional
- Fresh mint, optional
- In a saucepan, combine gelatin and cold water; let stand for 5 minutes to soften. Heat and stir over low heat just until gelatin dissolves. Remove from the heat; add sugar. Stir until dissolved. Stir in undrained strawberries. Chill until partially thickened.
- Fold in whipped topping. Place cake cubes in a large bowl; pour strawberry mixture over cake and gently stir. Pour into an ungreased 8-in. square dish. Chill until firm. Garnish with fresh strawberries and mint if desired.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 18, 2015
This was good, but kind of dry.
Apr 6, 2015
I love this recipe is amazing! I love how it is so quick and easy and since my kid is a hard pleaser and since it is so hot in Texas, I completely love how its a yummy, cool dessert that my child loves. Its super easy and I don't have to get so confused with all these ingredients. In my opinion, there are barley any ingredients and its so simple1 I love it!
Jun 26, 2014
This recipe is awesome
May 27, 2013
Refreshing for a post summer dinner. Super easy to make too. Any frozen berries will work.
Nov 26, 2011
Very good. Simple to make. Love the chunks of berries, I added more strawberries to the mix.