Strawberry Angel Dessert
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 5 cups angel food cake cubes
- Fresh strawberries, optional
- Fresh mint, optional
- In a saucepan, combine gelatin and cold water; let stand for 5 minutes to soften. Heat and stir over low heat just until gelatin dissolves. Remove from the heat; add sugar. Stir until dissolved. Stir in undrained strawberries. Chill until partially thickened.
- Fold in whipped topping. Place cake cubes in a large bowl; pour strawberry mixture over cake and gently stir. Pour into an ungreased 8-in. square dish. Chill until firm. Garnish with fresh strawberries and mint if desired.
Apr 18, 2015
This was good, but kind of dry.
Apr 6, 2015
I love this recipe is amazing! I love how it is so quick and easy and since my kid is a hard pleaser and since it is so hot in Texas, I completely love how its a yummy, cool dessert that my child loves. Its super easy and I don't have to get so confused with all these ingredients. In my opinion, there are barley any ingredients and its so simple1 I love it!
Jun 26, 2014
This recipe is awesome
May 27, 2013
Refreshing for a post summer dinner. Super easy to make too. Any frozen berries will work.
Nov 26, 2011
Very good. Simple to make. Love the chunks of berries, I added more strawberries to the mix.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.