Strawberry and Rhubarb Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 cup water
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup sliced fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- Whole fresh strawberries
- In a saucepan, bring rhubarb and water to a boil; remove from the heat. Add gelatin and stir until dissolved; cool. Stir in sliced strawberries; chill until it begins to thicken.
- Prepare whipped topping according to package directions; fold half into rhubarb mixture. Pour into crust. Chill 2 hours or until firm.
- Top with remaining whipped topping and whole strawberries.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 226 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 172mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 25, 2011
This has been a family favorite for many years! I use cool whip instead of dream whip also. We often double the recipe & put in a 9 X 13 pan. It is equally good made with fresh or frozen rhubarb & strawberries. We made some today with fresh picked rhubarb & strawberries we froze last summer.
Jun 28, 2010
This was my first time cooking and eating rhubarb and I thought this recipe was very easy and the taste was excellent! Thank you!
Jun 1, 2010
This was really yummy! I used frozen rhubarb and fresh strawberries as that was what was available to me at the time. I did not have any dream whip on hand and subbed some fat free cool whip. It really satisfied that rhubarb taste I had been craving! I live in the South and my local markets do not carry it---this was some I brought back from IL earlier this spring.