Strawberry and Rhubarb Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 cup water
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup sliced fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- Whole fresh strawberries
- In a saucepan, bring rhubarb and water to a boil; remove from the heat. Add gelatin and stir until dissolved; cool. Stir in sliced strawberries; chill until it begins to thicken.
- Prepare whipped topping according to package directions; fold half into rhubarb mixture. Pour into crust. Chill 2 hours or until firm.
- Top with remaining whipped topping and whole strawberries.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 226 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 172mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
May 25, 2011
This has been a family favorite for many years! I use cool whip instead of dream whip also. We often double the recipe & put in a 9 X 13 pan. It is equally good made with fresh or frozen rhubarb & strawberries. We made some today with fresh picked rhubarb & strawberries we froze last summer.
Jun 28, 2010
This was my first time cooking and eating rhubarb and I thought this recipe was very easy and the taste was excellent! Thank you!
Jun 1, 2010
This was really yummy! I used frozen rhubarb and fresh strawberries as that was what was available to me at the time. I did not have any dream whip on hand and subbed some fat free cool whip. It really satisfied that rhubarb taste I had been craving! I live in the South and my local markets do not carry it---this was some I brought back from IL earlier this spring.