Strawberry and Cream Bruschetta
This is a dessert take on bruschetta. Sweet, cinnamony toast slices are topped with a cream cheese mixture, strawberries and almond. They are like miniature cheesecakes and so yummy! —Christi Meixner, Aurora, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 French bread baguette (8 ounces), cut into 24 slices
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2-1/2 cups fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet; brush with butter. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over bread. Bake 4-5 minutes on each side or until lightly crisp.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, lemon juice and zest until blended; spread over toast. Top with strawberries; sprinkle with almonds.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 94 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 70mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.