This is a dessert take on bruschetta. Sweet, cinnamony toast slices are topped with a cream cheese mixture, strawberries and almond. They are like miniature cheesecakes and so yummy! —Christi Meixner, Aurora, Illinois
Recommended: 55+ Sweet and Savory Strawberry Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 French bread baguette (8 ounces), cut into 24 slices
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2-1/2 cups fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet; brush with butter. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over bread. Bake 4-5 minutes on each side or until lightly crisp.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, lemon juice and peel until blended; spread over toast. Top with strawberries; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Strawberry & Cream Bruschetta in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2017, p193