Strawberry, Onion and Romaine Salad Recipe
The combination of strawberries, onions and a raspberry based dressing may seem odd, but it is delicious and different. This salad is very tasty and refreshing at picnics and summer meals…a recipe that has been shared many times with family and friends.
- 2 cups torn romaine
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red raspberry preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1. In a serving bowl, combine the romaine, strawberries, onion and almonds. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients; serve with salad. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 319 calories, 27g fat (4g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Strawberry, Onion and Romaine Salad
Reviewed Apr. 6, 2010
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC