Strawberries with Lemon Cream
Here's a cool easy dessert perfect for steamy summer days. After sampling this luscious treat, no one will ever believe how easy it is to prepare.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 2 cups (16 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- Additional lemon zest and 4 whole strawberries for garnish, optional
- Place sliced strawberries in a medium bowl; sprinkle with sugar. In another bowl, fold whipped topping into yogurt; add lemon zest.
- To serve, layer strawberries and the yogurt mixture into four parfait glasses. Top each with lemon zest and a strawberry if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 141 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 31mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Strawberries with Lemon Cream in Country Woman July/August 1995
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.