Strawberries ‘n’ Cream French Toast Sticks
Taryn Kuebelbeck in Plymouth, Minnesota opens her family’s eyes with this luscious French Toast breakfast that tastes like dessert. It’s ready in a flash and disappears even faster!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 container (16 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 package (12.7 ounces) frozen French toaster sticks
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 ounce white baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- In a small saucepan, combine strawberries and cinnamon. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into berries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Prepare French toast sticks according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in chocolate. Serve berry mixture over French toast; dollop with cream cheese topping.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested with Eggo French Toaster Sticks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 318 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 604mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Strawberry Nut Waffles in Simple & Delicious September/October 2007