Strawberries 'n' Cream French Toast Sticks Recipe
- 1 container (16 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 package (12.7 ounces) frozen French toaster sticks
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 square (1 ounce) white baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine strawberries and cinnamon. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into berries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Prepare French toast sticks according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in chocolate. Serve berry mixture over French toast; dollop with cream cheese topping. Yield: 4 servings.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested with Eggo French Toaster Sticks.
2 each: 318 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 604mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.