- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Add sour cream and vanilla; mix well.
- In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in strawberries and 1/2 cup nuts.
- Pour into a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Sprinkle with remaining nuts. Bake 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Reviews forStrawberries 'n' Cream Bread
"Baked this yesterday with strawberries that were in the fridge for a few days. It turned out great!! Didn't add nuts and I did use one cup of strawberries. I baked it in three mini loaf pans so it was done in about 40 minutes. Delicious!! Would definitely be baking this again!"
"This bread is sooo good! It is so moist, with a great flavor. I love the cinnamon in it. I don't put the nuts in. I make it for my family and friends and they all love it! I also make a sugarless version, replacing the sugar with agave sweetener and increasing the flour to 2 cups, and it is still really yummy! I definitely agree with reducing the cooking time, as mentioned in other reviews. I also bake mine in smaller loaf pans, to help it bake more evenly."
"I made this delicious bread today. This is a keeper. I made a few adjustments after reading the reviews. I used 1 1/4 cups finely diced strawberries and I set my timer for 47 minutes. It was done. I'm glad I didn't overcook it. It is always easier to add time, if needed. I used pecans instead of walnuts. Don't leave the nuts off the top. It makes this bread delicious.I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home."
"I gave it 4 stars as the recipe is written. It needed more strawberries. I put in 1 cup, but I think it needs at least a cup and a half berries."
"I read the reviews before making this recipe, and I took everyone's advice on using 1 cup of berries. I also mashed up about a quarter cup of berries and threw that into the mix, and I omitted the nuts. I made the recipe as muffins instead of bread, with a streusel topping. They turned out so good! I am definitely making them again. Thanks for the recipe!"
"After reading other reviews, I was disappointed with this bread. Just thought it was okay. It did not slice well...very crumbly."
"This was very easy to make and tasted great."
"This was a delicious bread that even the kids liked. It froze well and we are looking forward to making this again!"
"This recipe is wonderful! I used 1 cup strawberries & 1 cup pecans. It's also really good with fresh peaches & sliced almonds."