Strawberries & Cream Pie Recipe
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 3 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 1 graham cracker crust (10 inches)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 1/2 cup seedless strawberry jam
- 1. In a microwave, melt 3/4 cup chocolate chips and 2 teaspoons shortening; stir until smooth. Brush over crust. Refrigerate until firm.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, sour cream and vanilla until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon into crust. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 3. Arrange strawberries over pie. In a microwave, heat jam until melted; brush over the top. Melt remaining chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over pie. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 539 calories, 30g fat (18g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 213mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (52g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Strawberries & Cream Pie
"This pie is TO DIE FOR. I brought it to a baby shower, and it was gone in 20 minutes! I used a little strawberry jam in the filling to give it a pink color and more strawberry flavor."
"This recipe is fantastic!! It got rave reviews from my family!!I made this also for gluten intolerant friends for Valentines Day. I bought extra large white baking cups and filled halfway with the white cream cheese filling. I put a spoonful of chocolate on top of that and filled 3/4 full to the top of the cup with white filling. I topped with strawberries and chocolate drizzle. It makes a beautiful individual serving presentation!! Thank you for the recipe!! They loved it also!!"
"A question about the shortening... can I use butter instead?"
"Well I changed up a few things I purred 2 cups of strawberries and blended them into the cool whip and I didn't have cream cheese or sour cream so I substituted vanilla yogurt. This pie was then topped with a few graham cracker crumbs ( I made my own graham cracker crust), sliced strawberries and drizzled chocolate on top. Put it into the freezer and this pie rocked!"
"What I like most about the thin layering of the chocolate frosting over the graham cracker crust is that it helps to keep the crust from getting soft or soggy. Love it!"
"This was delicious, everyone loved it. It can be done with different fruit and white chocolate can be used instead of the semi-sweet. I will definitely make it again."
"This was so delicious. I love how creamy the filling was. I do agree with some of the other reviews that the chocolate on the crust wasn't necessary, but it was still really yummy. I will probably have the chocolate on the bottom when I make it again, but I'd do a thinner layer to help with cutting."
"Great recipe!! Everyone just raved about it."
"I have taken this to several occasions this summer and everyone loved it. It always looks wonderful. And tastes even better. I have also made a lite version by using fat free cream cheese, sour cream, and whipped topping. Splenda instead of sugar and Dark chocolate chips. Only 6 pts if your a weight watcher fan for 10 servings per pie. This has become one of my favorite recipes to take."
"Rich and creamy, will make again many times I'm sure"
"I doubled this and made it for the first time for our big family reunion this past weekend. The pan was emptied in no time! Glad I got mine before it was gone."
"I love the fluffiness of the filling. The chocolate on the bottom is good but not necessary I don't think."
"Another winner from TOH! This pie is to die for!!"