- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) julienned carrots
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- Sprinkle chicken with paprika. In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Cook chicken 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned; remove from pan.
- Add carrots and mushrooms to same pan; cook, covered, 6-8 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, mix soup, tarragon and lemon juice until blended; pour over vegetables. Return chicken to pan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, 8 minutes. Top with zucchini; cook, covered, 6-8 minutes longer or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165° and vegetables are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forStovetop Tarragon Chicken
"Will not be making this again. The chicken was tough and the sauce was tasteless. I added spice to the sauce since others had commented that the sauce was bland, but even that did not help. This is not a keeper. Very disappointing. I'm glad I did not make this for guests, which I had considered doing."
"Didn't really care for this. Made exactly as instructed but probably won't make again."
"My picky toddler didn't like it but my husband and I loved it."
"We really enjoyed this dish! I made one change though, I added a cup of shredded mozzarella cheese at the end and melted it for about 5 minutes."