Stovetop Pork Dinner
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 70 min.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 8 small new potatoes, optional
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- In a large skillet, cook pork for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°; drain. Add potatoes if desired and onion.
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, mushrooms, water, garlic salt, Worcestershire sauce and thyme; pour into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Stir in peas and carrots; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 8, 2017
I tried this recipe for the 1st time about 20 years ago. It was a hit then and is still a hit today. So simple and a nice change from plain pan cooked pork chops. I use whatever frozen veggies I have like peas and carrots, mixed veggies or just peas. Serve with a salad and bread or rice or potatoes. My family loves it.