Stovetop Pork Chops with Apples
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- Combine the salt, pie spice, nutmeg and pepper; sprinkle over both sides of pork chops. In a large skillet, brown chops in butter on both sides. Top with onion, potato and apple slices.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and apple juice until smooth; pour into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 14-16 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and potato is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 386 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 690mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 5g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Jan 18, 2010
We liked this recipe very much. I added cinnamon and cooked the apples only until slightly tender.
Feb 27, 2009
WHADDA DISAPPOINTMENT!!!!Used only the freshest and best ingredients and ended up with rubbery chops with non descript fruits and veggies in a bland sauce.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.