When your schedule gets busy, try these savory-sweet pork chops from Shirley Tockey of Cleveland, Oklahoma. Topped with tender apples, potatoes and onions, this luscious recipe is ready in a half hour.
Recommended: 30 Quick Dinners Ready in 30 Minutes or Less
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- Combine the salt, pie spice, nutmeg and pepper; sprinkle over both sides of pork chops. In a large skillet, brown chops in butter on both sides. Top with onion, potato and apple slices.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and apple juice until smooth; pour into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 14-16 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and potato is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Stovetop Pork Chops with Apples in Cooking for 2 Winter 2008, p51
Reviews forStovetop Pork Chops with Apples
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 18, 2010
"We liked this recipe very much. I added cinnamon and cooked the apples only until slightly tender."
Reviewed Feb. 27, 2009
"WHADDA DISAPPOINTMENT!!!!Used only the freshest and best ingredients and ended up with rubbery chops with non descript fruits and veggies in a bland sauce."