Stovetop Pinto Beans Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, tomatoes, salt and mustard; mix well. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
You can substitute 1-1/2 cups of chopped fresh tomatoes for the canned tomatoes in Stovetop Pinto Beans.
1 each: 304 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 938mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 7g fiber), 26g protein.