Stovetop Pinto Beans
We enjoy this dish throughout the year. When I take it to church suppers, I set some oven-fresh corn bread next to it...every morsel is gobbled up in no time!—Audary Blaxton, Decatur, Alabama
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, tomatoes, salt and mustard; mix well. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until thickened.
You can substitute 1-1/2 cups of chopped fresh tomatoes for the canned tomatoes in Stovetop Pinto Beans.