Stovetop Pinto Beans
We enjoy this dish throughout the year. When I take it to church suppers, I set some oven-fresh corn bread next to it...every morsel is gobbled up in no time!—Audary Blaxton, Decatur, Alabama
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, tomatoes, salt and mustard; mix well. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until thickened.
You can substitute 1-1/2 cups of chopped fresh tomatoes for the canned tomatoes in Stovetop Pinto Beans.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 304 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 938mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 7g fiber), 26g protein.
Originally published as Stovetop Pinto Beans in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book