Stovetop Orzo Medley
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 pound fresh snow peas
- 1/2 pound assorted fresh mushrooms (such as portobello, button and/orshiitake), thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shallots in oil for 2 minutes. Add peas and mushrooms; cook 3 minutes longer. Add pine nuts; cook and stir until vegetables are tender.
- Drain orzo; stir in the shallot mixture, butter, salt and pepper until blended. Sprinkle with red pepper.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 203 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 322mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Mar 12, 2012
I have made this twice then lost the recipe. I have spent 2 days trying to find it and I did. I will be making it Satuday for a cook out. YUMMY!!!
May 26, 2011
This is such a flavorful & EASY dish to make! Added some chicken so it would fill my husband up a little beter and it was PERFECT!! its a staple in my home
Mar 30, 2011
This is really good and fresh and left me feeling healthy!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.