Stovetop Orange-Glazed Chicken
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1. For glaze, whisk together first four ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl; stir in marmalade. Microwave, covered, on high until thickened, 2-1/2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Pound chicken breasts to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle with garlic salt. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook chicken until a thermometer reads 165°, 5-6 minutes per side. Top with glaze.
1 chicken breast half with about 2 tablespoons sauce: 314 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 656mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Dec 18, 2017
Tasted soooo good. I made with Green Beans Amandine and rice...very easy. Made it for 4 people and just doubled the sauce...everyone loved it.