Stovetop Ham and Penne
A tangy garlic sauce pleasantly coats tender pasta and flavorful ham in this stovetop classic.—Mary Bryant, Stanwood, Washington
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 5 to 7 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup cubed Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup white wine or tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, saute onions and garlic in butter and oil until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients; heat through. Drain pasta and place in a bowl; add ham mixture and gently toss to coat.
Originally published as Stovetop Ham and Penne in Casserole Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.