Stovetop Bratwurst Dinner
For a lip-smacking change from plain brats, Darcy Dougherty of Postville, Iowa combines them with green beans and a mild cheese sauce for a swift skillet supper. "I round out the menu with cauliflower cashew salad and brownies for dessert," she relates.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 pound fully cooked bratwurst links, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 6 cups hot cooked noodles
- In a large saucepan, combine the milk and soup until blended. Add bratwurst and beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until heated through. Stir in cheese until melted. Serve over noodles.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 525 calories, 30g fat (12g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 1088mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Originally published as Stovetop Bratwurst Dinner in Quick Cooking March/April 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.