Stout and Brown Sugar Ice Cream Shakes
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup stout beer
- Whipped cream and crushed pretzels
- Place the milk, cream cheese, brown sugar, vanilla and salt in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Add cream; process on low speed just until combined.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- For shakes, in a blender, combine beer and 2 cups ice cream; cover and process until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses; top with whipped cream and pretzels. Serve immediately.