Stirred Lemon Rice Custard Recipe
Our previous story on Shirley provided the recipe for Christmas Tree Bread pictured at left. This time, we're sharing another of her delicious recipes, Stirred Lemon Rice Custard. Try it-you'll enjoy it as much as our staff did!
- 2 cups cooked long-grain rice, chilled
- 1-1/2 quarts whole milk
- 9 large eggs, well beaten
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1. In a Dutch oven, heat rice and milk over low heat for 1 hour. combine eggs, sugar and salt. Slowly pour into hot rice mixture, stirring constantly. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, just until the mixture coats a metal spoon. Remove from the heat and stir in extract and peel. Place pan in the sink filled with ice for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove custard to a covered bowl and chill. Yield: about 16 servings.
1/2 cup: 199 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 132mg cholesterol, 154mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Stirred Lemon Rice Custard
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC