- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups cauliflowerets
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, whisk together the first eight ingredients until smooth; set aside.
- In a skillet or wok, stir-fry steak in oil for 3-5 minutes. Add broccoli, cauliflower, onion, carrots and soy sauce mixture; cover and cook for 8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forStir-Fried Steak and Veggies
"This is excellent! I used mushrooms instead of cauliflower and doubled the sauce to serve over rice. I also always season the meat with a bit of steak spice just to add extra flavor to the meat. Can't wait to try it again with snow peas or sugar snap peas and serve over noodles."
"Very good. I didn't have cauliflower so I omitted that and added red pepper, celery and bamboo shoots. Will definitely make again!"
"This recipe is fabulous! I made it for the first time for supper and wouldn't change a thing, except for adding green peppers, fresh garlic , and patty pan squash. The sauce goes perfectly with the veggies and makes a delicious and satisfying dish! My family loved it and I'm sure I'll be making this recipe over and over again!"
"Excellent stir fry. My wife loved that I made this for dinner. This is my new go to recipe for steak and vegetables stir fry."
"Added a bag of frozen sugar snap beans too."
"This a very good and easy recipe. I did double the sauce and served on noodles. Soo good and the family loved it."
"This recipe is easy and very good!"
"The sauce is perfect with the right amount of veggies and meat. I cut back on the meat and add more veggies and you use whatever you have on hand. I've made 3 times in two weeks and this will definitely be the new base for my stir fries."