Stir-Fried Pork Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2/3 pound boneless pork loin, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Pepper to taste
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, stir-fry pork, mushrooms, celery and carrots in oil until pork is browned and vegetables are tender. Add broth and spinach.
- Combine cornstarch and water to make a thin paste; stir into soup. Return to a boil; boil for 1 minute. Quickly stir in egg. Add pepper.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 151 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 979mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Oct 18, 2016
This turned out pretty good and it was super easy to make, since I had leftover pork loin. I added onion and peas. I made noodles on the side and the boys put the soup over their noodles. Everyone liked it!
Mar 7, 2016
I was amazed at how much flavor this soup had. Yummy! I will definitely make this again.
Jun 17, 2009
Surprisingly very fulling and fairly healthy if you use reduced sodium chicken broth and lean pork loin. Lots of chopping but very much worth the effort!