Stir-Fried Lemon Chicken
Stir-fry is such a terrific entree to serve to guests because the main ingredients can be cut up and refrigerated in advance. This recipe created in out Test Kitchen has a wonderful lemon flavor.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Cook: 40 min.
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger, divided
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 green onions, sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the cornstarch and 1/4 teaspoon ginger. Stir in the soy sauce, sherry or broth and lemon juice until smooth. Add the chicken and lemon peel; toss to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the rice; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until rice begins to brown. Add the broth, salt, pepper and remaining ginger. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry peppers in 2 tablespoons oil until crisp-tender. Remove from the skillet and keep warm. In the same pan, cook chicken mixture in remaining oil until chicken juices run clear. Stir in peppers and onions. Serve with rice.