- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 1/8-inch strips
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups fresh snow peas
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce and wine or broth. Reserve 1/4 cup. Place beef in a resealable plastic bag. Add remaining soy sauce mixture; seal and mix. Refrigerate for 15 minutes. Place cornstarch in a small bowl. stir in reserved soy sauce mixture until smooth; set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet, stir-fry mushrooms and snow peas in 2 teaspoons hot oil for 3-4 minutes or until snow peas are crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm. Drain and discard marinade from beef. In the same skillet, stir-fry beef in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Stir cornstarch mixture; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Place lettuce on four serving plates. Top with beef mixture and snow pea mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forStir-Fried Beef on Lettuce
"Sounds delish. I plan to try this real soon, we love stir frys"