Stir-Fried Asparagus with Slivered Almonds Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces (about 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large skillet, saute asparagus in butter and oil for 2 minutes. Stir in the broth, lemon juice, soy sauce and pepper. Cover and cook 2-3 minutes longer or until asparagus is tender. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 122 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 172mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Stir-Fried Asparagus with Slivered Almonds
"Made this without the almonds because I did not have any on hand. Loved it!"