Stir-Fried Asparagus with Sliced Almonds Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a skillet or wok, heat oil; stir-fry the asparagus, onion and garlic over medium-high heat until tender. Add the almonds, lemon juice, soy sauce and lemon peel; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1/2 cup: 85 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 101mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Stir-Fried Asparagus with Sliced Almonds
"At this time of year, we get tired of eating the vegetable in season. This was wonderful and I didn't just taste that same old asparagus again!"