Stir-Crazy Apple-Sausage Skillet
—Taste of Home Cooking School
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 package Eckrich® Smoked Sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 thinly sliced tart apples
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large non-stick skillet, stir-fry sausage over medium heat until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add pepper and onion; stir-fry an additional 2 minutes.
- Add apples, chili sauce and jelly; cook and stir until apples are tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in tomato; cook and stir until heated through, about 1 minute. Serve with rice.
Originally published as Stir-Crazy Apple-Sausage Skillet in Taste of Home Holiday Recipe Card Collection 2009