- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-1/4 to 3-3/4 cups bread flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dissolve yeast in water. Add butter, sugar, milk powder and salt, then beat in 2 cups flour on low for 3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes. Place dough in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, make sauce by combining brown sugar, butter and corn syrup; cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Stir in pecans. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Punch down dough. Turn onto a floured surface; roll into a 16x10-in. rectangle. Make filling by combining butter, sugar and cinnamon; spread to within 3/4 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices; place slices cut side down over sauce. Cover with a kitchen towel; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Cool 3 minutes before inverting onto a serving platter. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forSticky Buns
"I love this recipe and have been making it for years! Comes out perfectly every time. (I use the bread machine)"
"Just...not good. The dough was too sticky to work with. I had to knead in another cup of flour just to get it so I could shape it. There also wasn't even close to enough topping. It all soaked into the top of the buns. And the rolls themselves were tasteless."
"The dough was wonderful to work with after removing from my bread machine but after it was all done I would liked to of seen more topping. I would maybe double that next time."
"Very good! I just got a new oven with a proofer setting, Had to try it out. So I made this from scratch. I gave some to my grandson and he said "Yummy in my tummy" I think that said it all. He`s 2 1/2 years old."
"I used the dough setting on bread machine and the dough was super sticky and runny. And when I tried to roll it out, it had a LOT of air bubble. Any idea on what went wrong?"
"Wonderful and easy"
"Take away the salt and it would be very good. To salty! Add more sugar."
"These were GREAT! I had to give them away so I wouldn't eat them all myself. I used the bread machine method in the recipe and found this to be a wonderful help. I plan on making them again very soon."