Sticky Bun Coffee Ring
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Brush a 10-in. fluted tube pan with 1 tablespoon butter. In a small bowl, combine syrup and remaining butter. Drizzle 2 tablespoons into pan. Combine the brown sugar, nuts and cinnamon; sprinkle 1/3 cupful over syrup mixture.
- Separate biscuits; place in prepared pan with edges overlapping. Top with remaining syrup and nut mixtures. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 1-2 minutes; invert onto a serving platter. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 188 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 328mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jan 29, 2017
I had some canned biscuits I needed to use so I tried this. It was very good! The only thing I did differently was i left off the almonds & only used pecans. My son has asked me to put this in the regular breakfast menu rotation.
Jan 3, 2016
The topping was good and not too hard. What I didn't like about the recipe was the biscuit. I will make again using maybe, the Texas size frozen rolls.
Nov 28, 2014
Melt in your mouth good!
Aug 12, 2014
Very easy and delicious. I like the nut mixture and caramelized topping. Also turns out really pretty, makes a nice hostess gift!
Dec 5, 2012
I've made these several times over the years. Everyone in my family loves them! They are so easy and so delicious!
Dec 24, 2011
After making these the first time and discovering how easy and tasty they were, I now keep the ingredients on hand to make whenever. My neighbors love these also..... Jeanne Unruh
Dec 22, 2011
So easy and fun to make. I keep ingredients on hand, so that on a whim I can make them.
Dec 21, 2011
I made two of these the first time for a my daughter's birthday slumber party. After that she & her friends asked for them at every sleepover. The rest of the family loves them also. I'm planning to make them for Christmas breakfast this year. It doesn't get easier than this when you're trying to make the whole family happy with a meal.
Oct 25, 2009
Excellent and easy recipe!! I made it even easier by getting the ingredients measured and mixed the night before. My husband said they were the best sticky buns he's ever had! He has no idea how easy they were. Next time I might add raisins for even more flavor. Definitely a keeper!!