Here's a hearty soup that's not only good but good for you as well. Because of my schedule, I need to have simple yet satisfying dishes that take little time to prepare. This one fills the bill.
Recommended: 30 Soup Recipes to Make This Winter
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1/2 cup cooked spiral pasta
- In a medium saucepan, combine the tomatoes, chicken broth, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in the mixed vegetables, ham and beans. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer about 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in pasta and heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Stewed Vegetables and Ham Soup in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p52
Reviews forStewed Vegetables and Ham Soup
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review