- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, divided
- 3/4 pound beef cube steaks, cubed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 small potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and 1/4 teaspoon thyme. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown meat in oil on all sides. Add the water, tomato sauce, broth, potato, onion, carrots, red pepper, soup mix, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, garlic powder, pepper and remaining thyme.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 45 minutes. Stir in peas. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5-10 minutes longer. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forStew for Two
"I selected 3 stars to rate this recipe. There's nothing special about it except that you really can cook stew in about an hour. It's a nice old fashioned kind of meal."