VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 20 wonton wrappers
- 9 lettuce leaves
- DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped green onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a large bowl, combine the onions, cornstarch, ginger, soy sauce and oil. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well.
- Place 1 tablespoon turkey mixture in the center of a wonton wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Moisten edges with water. Fold one corner diagonally over filling and press edges to seal.
- Line a steamer basket with 3 lettuce leaves. Arrange one-third of the dumplings 1 in. apart over lettuce; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 10-12 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165°. Discard lettuce. Repeat twice.
- Combine sauce ingredients; serve with dumplings. Yield: 20 appetizers (1/3 cup sauce).
Originally published as Steamed Turkey Dumplings in Healthy Cooking April/May 2012, p47
Reviews forSteamed Turkey Dumplings
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review