Steamed Turkey Dumplings Recipe
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 20 wonton wrappers
- 9 lettuce leaves
- DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped green onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the onions, cornstarch, ginger, soy sauce and oil. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well.
- 2. Place 1 tablespoon turkey mixture in the center of a wonton wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Moisten edges with water. Fold one corner diagonally over filling and press edges to seal.
- 3. Line a steamer basket with three lettuce leaves. Arrange a third of the dumplings 1 in. apart over lettuce; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 10-12 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°. Discard lettuce. Repeat twice.
- 4. Combine sauce ingredients; serve with dumplings. Yield: 20 appetizers (1/3 cup sauce).
1 dumpling with 3/4 teaspoon sauce: 52 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 208mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Steamed Turkey Dumplings
"Surprisingly good for such simple and few ingredients! To beef up the nutrition a bit, I added cabbage to the mix, and would consider adding carrots."