Guests will savor every bite of these tangy and colorful appetizer kabobs, from Kristen Strocchia of Lake Ariel, Pennsylvania. Make sure to have copies of the recipe on hand!
Recommended: 60 Delicious Diabetic-Friendly Dinner Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, halved and cut into wedges
- 1 pound salmon fillets, skin removed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 whole garlic bulb, separated and peeled
- 1 large yellow summer squash, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, oil, parsley, pepper and salt. Thread the broccoli, onion, salmon, garlic cloves and squash onto 24 small wooden skewers; brush with lemon juice mixture.
- Place skewers in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 12-15 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork and vegetables are crisp-tender. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Steamed Salmon Kabobs in Taste of Home April/May 2007, p16