Steamed Salmon Kabobs
Guests will savor every bite of these tangy and colorful appetizer kabobs, from Kristen Strocchia of Lake Ariel, Pennsylvania. Make sure to have copies of the recipe on hand!
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, halved and cut into wedges
- 1 pound salmon fillets, skin removed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 whole garlic bulb, separated and peeled
- 1 large yellow summer squash, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, oil, parsley, pepper and salt. Thread the broccoli, onion, salmon, garlic cloves and squash onto 24 small wooden skewers; spoon lemon juice mixture over kabobs.
- Place skewers in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 12-15 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork and vegetables are crisp-tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 58 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 43mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 lean meat, 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Steamy Kabobs in Taste of Home April/May 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.