Steamed Pork and Shrimp Dumplings Recipe
- 1 pound boneless pork loin chops, cut up
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 10 whole water chestnuts
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 package (12 ounces) wonton wrappers
- 12 romaine leaves
- DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1. Place the first 10 ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped.
- 2. Place 2 teaspoons pork mixture in the center of a wonton wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Moisten edges with water. Bring corners of wonton wrapper over filling and twist to form a bundle; pinch edges to seal. Repeat.
- 3. Line a steamer basket with three lettuce leaves. Arrange a fourth of the dumplings 1 in. apart over lettuce; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 10-12 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Discard lettuce. Repeat.
- 4. Combine the sauce ingredients; serve with hot dumplings. Yield: 52 dumplings.
1 each: 40 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 103mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Steamed Pork and Shrimp Dumplings
"I made these for the first time and found them quite good but a bit bland. I think I will add a half teaspoon of red pepper to the next batch."
"I made them again today for the third time. Hubby loves them, had to chase him out of the kitchen before he ate them all!Ranie"